What does social media do for a company?
- Helps Company's with Going Viral
- Your brand is in front of the consumer when they are ready to make that buying decision.
- Name Recognition
- Build Groups to Network
You cannot afford to miss out on social media services. You are missing a significant amount of traffic and potential ROI.
- The first step is finding the right mix of channels that are relevant to your business. Here is a list of the most popular choices:
- Facebook is a popular free social networking website that allows registered users to create profiles, upload photos and video, send messages and keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues.
- Twitter is a free service that allows registered members to broadcast short posts called tweets. Twitter members can broadcast tweets and follow other users' tweets by using multiple platforms and devices.
- Wilkapedia is a free, open content online encyclopedia created through the collaborative effort of a community of users known as Wikipedians. Anyone registered on the site can create an article for publication; however, registration is not required to edit articles. Wikipedia was founded in January of 2001.
- Linkedin is a social networking site designed specifically for the business community. The goal of the site is to allow registered members to establish and document networks of people they know and trust professionally.
- Reddit is a social news website and forum where stories are socially curated and promoted by site members. The site is composed of hundreds of sub-communities, known as "subreddits." Each subreddit has a specific topic such as technology, politics or music. Reddit site members, also known as, "redditors," submit content which is then voted upon by other members. The goal is to send well-regarded stories to the top of the site's main thread page.
Pinterest is a social curation website for sharing and categorizing images found online. Pinterest requires brief descriptions, but the main focus of the site is visual. Clicking on an image will take a user to the original source. Great for retail businesses in particular.
The key is growing your audience, therefore, growing your ROI. Each audience has different personality types and are mixed of different age groups. Your audience must be defined in order to choose the channels that are best for your industry.
Social Media Campaigns take a wealth of knowledge, consistent work on building an audiance over time that will eventually buy. You must stay in front of a buyer consistently if you want them to remember your brand and social media allows for you to do this at a low cost.